By Mobikasa Admin / 19 Apr 2019
There is hardly any point of argument against the fact that the internet has made the world a global village. Internet today, is the panacea for every woe. Not only does the cyberspace fill our repository of knowledge but it heavily influences one’s purchase decisions. According to statistics, 59% of respondents in the US revealed that they were more likely to purchase a product or service after active research on the internet. This is reason enough for choosing a web designer to help kick-start your business online.
The Real Deal: Custom Website or CMS?
Designing a website to get a business rolling online requires the owner to spend fortunes. On an average, the cost of designing a website for a small business can range anywhere between $4K- $10K. An entire custom WordPress website may cost you around $6,000- $15,000, where as a responsive CMS website may require you to shell out anything between $3,000- $25,000.
The pre-requisite for a website with high web traffic depends on the layout, design, site content, loading time, usability on mobile and ease of user navigation. When tooling a website, the owner initially has to decide whether to go for a custom website or a
Content Management System (CMS) based website. While a custom website is absolutely tailor-made to suit your idea of a perfect business site, CMS provides users with the benefit of managing content on the website itself. Let’s break them down for an in-depth analysis:
Content Management System
Content Management System or CMS is ideal for users who have little idea about developing or maintaining a website. A CMS platform facilitates creation and management of website content with the help of collaboration, authoring and administration tools. Users who update their websites frequently will find CMS efficacious. E-commerce sites, blog pages and news-based websites prefer CMS over all. The system comes with an abundance of well-supported and easily configurable plugins which allow users to add varied functionalities in order to customize the website to their hearts content. The following are some benefits of using a CMS platform:
- Lesser turn-around time for the website
- Budget friendly
- Ease of adding, editing or deleting existing website content
- SEO-friendly; Google ranks CMS websites higher
- Faster updates to the website modules
- Enhanced customer experience
Built using custom and semantic codes, a custom website is attuned to the owners liking. These websites are built from scratch specifically for your business by professionals and are entirely customized to please the target audience. Custom websites are highly responsive, suited for mobile devices and are SEO-tailored. The scope for designing and development is not limited to the availability of templates; the possibilities are infinite. The ease of implementation and compatibility with modifications are two of the greatest advantages when using a custom website. The owner can shake off his/her woes about maintaining the website; the developer will do the needful instead.
Here are some benefits of custom web design:
- Website design can be formulated keeping in mind company branding.
- There is greater scope for innovation and creativity as these websites are built from scratch.
- No hassle of maintaining the website; it will be looked after by the service provider
- Faster than CMS; lesser load-time
Service buyers can come to a decision on whether they can work with CMS or need a custom website after taking into consideration organizational goals, nature of operations and the budget. Whatever the choice may be, the unmediated one can be the next best alternative.
What to lookout for when Hiring a Website Designer?
Customers are not looking out for lackluster websites to invest their time in. Therefore, to gain the confidence of the customers, the presentation of the business put up on the internet must be attractive enough. For that to happen, business owners need to look out for and invest their funds in custom web design services that are worth every dime.
Here are some boxes you can check before you home in on a web developer:
- A coding genius and no less– Since coding is the skeleton of website development, look out for a developer with voluble knowledge in coding. Take reference from word of mouth and do your own research on the internet. Make sure you read reviews and follow testimonials before you finalize on one. Be sure on whether or not the agency has worked on highly-functional, innovative websites in the past and take note of the rate of success.
- Compatibility and support– Choose a custom web design agency that promises the best solutions only after complying with your demands and requirements. Reach out to providers who will not only work FOR you but work together WITH you in building a custom website from scratch.
- Hands-on industry experience– Before you hire an agency to look after your website needs, you have to ensure that the team has had enough hands-on industry experience. You would surely not want your website to be rigid or missing out on useful functionalities.
- Integration– Ensuring seamlessness integration with third-party devices is yet another crucial aspect of successful website development. The provider has to have good knowledge about industry trends and push the custom website to accelerate on the information highway. The need for integration of the website with existing systems must be understood by the developer to work as per industry standards.
- Backend is important– A website has to be picturesque but that is not the only aspect. Your provider must care for back-end services in the same way to make it work seamlessly.
A website that is attractive and intriguing enough for the visitors to navigate through can open doors for success. It is therefore advised to go for a fairly experienced web developer and build a custom website for your business that will benefit you in the long run.