Would you like to know what keywords bring the most traffic to your firm’s website? Behold, Google’s Search Console tool. It’s a free service offered by Google that helps you to monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results, thus, allowing you to craft your content to appeal to the search terms people are actually finding you for.
Crafting content that is engaging, thoughtful, and interesting is the uphill battle we all struggle with. Combining the Search Console with your firm’s Google Analytics can be a powerful duo that can help you to make informed decisions on the types of content you’re creating.
Google Search Console can help you:
- Monitor your website traffic
- View how often your site appears in Google Search
- Optimize your ranking
- Discover which search queries show your site.
- Find out how often searchers click through for those queries.
- Show you which sites link to your website.
- Make informed decisions about the appearance of your site’s search results
- Do sophisticated marketing analysis in conjunction with other Google tools like Analytics, Google Trends, and Google Ads.
Google Search Console can influence technical decisions such as:
- Confirm that Google can find and crawl your site.
- Fix indexing problems and request re-indexing of new or updated content.
- Receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your site.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability, and other Search features.